Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

First Post

Welcome to The Seattle Experimental Music Review. This is a blog that's starting because of a post I saw on Facebook by local composer/sound artist, Steve Peters. With a simple question, Steve pointed out a significant lack of writing about the experimental music scene that's happening in Seattle. It's not too difficult to find reviews about Seattle music in the realms of pop/rock, hip hop, jazz, or classical music. The goal is for this blog to feature quality writing about live music happening in Seattle and reviews of recordings released by Seattle experimental musicians.

So who am I and what qualifies me to undertake this project?

My name is Clifford Kimbrel-Dunn, and I'm a flutist/composer/electronic musician who lives in Seattle and plays exclusively experimental and avant-garde music. I've premiered over a hundred new compositions that incorporate the flute, and I've spent the majority of my adult life dedicated to exploring the extended capabilities of flute technique. I have a bachelor's degree in flute performance, master's in music composition, and a second master's degree in music and technology.

I'm only recently becoming active in the scene again. Having lived in Seattle for a little over six years, I'm putting down thicker roots. I have a daughter who is almost a year old, and I'm hoping to buy a condo in the city this year. When I'm not working on music, I'm either working as an audio/visual technician at the Seattle Public Library, or spending time with my wife and daughter, Kayla and Aria. Please comment and contact me with any information for great shows and music.

Thanks for coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment